The Federal Law No (7) of 2017 on tax procedures specifies the appointment of a tax agent to represent taxable persons before the Federal tax authority (FTA) with regards to his tax affairs and taxable obligations.A tax agent should meet the below conditions for registration in the register of tax agents at the FTA.
a) He should be of good conduct and behaviour.
b) He should hold an accredited qualification from a recognised university.or an institute showing his specialisation and practical experience.Records of exported Excise Goods and evidence of such Export;
c) He is medically fit.
d) He holds avalid professional indemnity insurance.
The tax agent’s role is as under:
Excise tax planning and advisory services :
1. Excise tax planning in Dubai/UAE.
2. Excisetax advisory services.
3. Excisetax training and awareness to staff.
4. Excise tax registration support services
Excisetax compliance services:
1. Ensure timely submission of Excise returns
2. Review of Excise records, returns& reconciliation.
3. Providing advice on client’s clarifications and FTA notifications.
4. Representing before the FTA for Excise tax matters.
5. Review and customization of source documents.
For proper monitoring of account books and other records, the role of a tax agent becomes important. A tax agent would assist each taxable person in complying with their taxable obligations in a timely manner. Every taxable person should maintain books of accounts and records for a minimum period of 5 years.
Find JCA UAE Audit, For Excise Tax Agents in Dubai, for more information, Inquire us today.